Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Northeast, Career Cluster
Computer programmers frequently:
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
It is important for computer programmers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for computer programmers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- [ More ]
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.