Computer programmers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.